Given that Peter has already gone though and deal with some consistency issues such s the use of "e-mail" rather than "email" ...
- The use of "TWiki" rather than "Twiki" (see TWiki/TWikiReleaseNotes04x00x00.txt and TWiki/TWikiSite.txt)
- The use of "%TWIKIWEB%." rather than "TWiki." or "Twiki." in explicit linkages.
- By all means replace TWiki with %TWIKIWEB%, but please think carefully about each occurence. When we have a web per release, it is important that doc links resolve within that web, and not to the TWIKIWEB for the installation that happens to be hosting the web. Note that TWiki automatically rewrites wikiwords in %INCLUDEed topics to refer to the web the topic is included from, so in general the TWiki web should not contain any web-explicit links. CC
- This is not my understanding of "one TWiki web per release". All releases' TWiki web should be called "TWiki", that way an installation does not need to duplicate Plugins over to a new web on upgrade. There is enough separation with one SVN branch per release. So, no need to avoid %TWIKIWEB% links. -- PTh
- The use of "%MAINWEB%" rather than "Main." in explicit linkages.
- The correction of various spelling and gramatical mistakes.
- The consistent use of terminology.
For spelling, here's what I suggest:
- Do this on a UNIX box
- Grep all of .../data/*/*.txt for MAKETEXT lines
- Strip out the embedded string
- Convert spaces to newlines
- Do a fgrep ignoring case with a dictionary file
What drops out the end will be words in those strings that aren't in the dictionary. OK, not all of them will be spelling mistakes, words like "TWiki", "Twiki", "wiki". "e-mail" .... won't be in the dictionary.
Use your discression.
None of us expect perfection but we should make the effort and expect a reasonable degree of confidence. I think the above will permit that.
Sounds reasonable - do you have an ETA on your work, Anton? (Just so we have an idea by monday for the release meeting - hopefully this is closed before).
Sorry, we can't wait forever. If we don't freeze now
, we'll never release. I'm discarding this item.