... to bring it in sync with the TWiki release numbering.
And document as such where needed.
- TWiki 4.0.0: VERSION 4.0000
- Cairo: VERSION 1.024
- Beijing: etc
I suggest to use the double digit numbering, e.g. TWiki 4.1.3 is Plugin VERSION 4.0130
But can we have
on that line as well, please.
Why? Because we've publicised this so very heavily as "Dakar"
There are several reasons why not:
- Plugins code is riddled with compatibility checks
- TWiki::Plugins::VERSION is not the same as the release version. The release can increment to 4.1.0 without affecting the plugins in any way - except that now every plugin has to be edited to increment the version checks (please don't assume that "<" is the only test used).
- The version number is the version of the API, not of TWiki. It was right to decouple the API revision from the release revision.
- You hinted at one above - the need to artificially derive a decimal from the non-decimal TWiki release identifier