Bug in getWorkflowTopic
Meredith, no-one can fix this - it is far too vague. I have removed the "patch" flag.
Meredith, I need you to do a couple of things.
It seems to me like you never revisit these bugs? At least I (don't know about others) would like you to:
- Revisit the bug at least when you see it is updated by anyone else (you can use WebChanges or RSS to your preference)
- Set the extension field properly (I see you have been asked repeatedly to do this already)
- Close your bugs properly - you can set them closed up front when you already have the commit handy (this has been requested as well a few times)
- Make a more extensive report if possible
- Merge across plugin updates, or even better: start working in the TWiki4 branch
If you're in a deadline situation and this is impossible to you to fullfil, I would like you to simply hold back your commits until you can comply. You're causing a lot of static here with your current way of working.
Maybe Meredith isn't ready for full develop access yet. Hm?
Steffen, sorry. I created the item only to have an ItemXXXX
to use to check in, thus the vagueness of the report. I wasn't expecting anyone to fix anything. I definitely should have made that clear and will do so in the future. As to closing the bugs, I have been unclear about who is supposed to change the state of a "bug report". In the future, I will close an item if it's there merely to allow me to check in.
Also, AFAIK, I'm the only one using the WorkflowPlugin
. If not, then I should make a more complete entry here even if
I'm creating it just to be able to check in.
I moved my current site to the TWiki4 branch last night, so that won't be a problem any more. When I switched to DEVELOP, it was only because I didn't realize I could use svn in the TWiki4 branch, and I didn't want to go the "zip it up, etc." route which I thought was necessary in using TWiki4.
As to the anonymous comment about full develop access, perhaps the mistakes I have made suggest that 1) either there isn't clear doc as to how to use Bug reports and svn correctly, 2) I don't know where it is, or both.
In addition, Bugs is overloaded, as it used for:
- reporting bugs that one is hoping someone will fix
- creating an item merely to check in a new plugin
- creating an item to have an item to check in a fix to one's own plugin
In the first case, I have tried to be as clear as possible. In the second, it's not a bug, so it's here only out of necessity. In the third case, I have been lax in my details, as noted above, and I will try to be more disciplined about it.