In a plugin topic (ThreadedDiscussionPlugin
, but that is not relevant) I had set an ICONTOPIC flag. In this topic, suddenly TWiki::mapToIconFileName would mess up.
It appears that the plugin specific variables are not isolated in their own name space, as in that topic a call to getPreferencesValue from TWiki in getIconUrl ends up finding the plugin variable.
To test, just set a variable in a plugin topic (say ICONTOPIC) to something. In my case, I used
- Set ICONTOPIC = %PUBURL%/%TWIKIWEB%/TWikiDocGraphics
Actually, it is
relevant. As you know, plugin preferneces get the name of the plugin prepended, so when viewing from another topic, your ICONTOPIC setting would be THREADEDDISCUSSIONPLUGIN_ICONTOPIC. Onyl when viewing the actual plugin topic is there a clash, because the setting is identified as a TOPIC level setting of ICONTOPIC.
My advice is (unless Cairo compatibility is a primary concern) to move all settings out of plugin topics and into LocalSite
.cfg, where they can be set from
. There is an interface available to installers to support this (though I confess poorly documented at the moment).
It works as per spec. Discarding. if you want to change the spec, raise a topic in Codev.