I hope it's ok for me to write about misc. typos in a single bug report, instead of opening one per affected page. Otherwise, please tell me.
The typical drawback of doing so is to see the issue marked as closed but forgetting to fix one of the elements. I hope this won't happen.
- column organization remains empty the Organiz(!)ation column remains empty because the field is now named OrganisationName (American z vs. English s notation). This affects the pages UserListByDateJoined, UserListByLocation and UserList. UserHomepageHeader has been fixed already.
- WebPreferences don't say: (your personal topic, eg: TWikiGuest) please say instead: TWikiGuest or TWiki:Main/TWikiGuest (as in TWiki:TWiki/TWikiPlugins) Otherwise people may get confused as to their current login identity.
- TWikiVariables: the two entries ATTACHURL[PATH] refer to PUBURL[PATH], but in illogical order (ATTACHURL should refer to PUBURL, not PUBURLPATH, same for ATTACHURLPATH).
- Do not agree 100%. There are missing references but I find it useful that you also link between the URL and URLPATH. Added the missing links KJL
- TWikiVariables does not list WIKILOGOURL (only mentioned with deprecated VarWIKIHOMEURL). There's no VarWIKILOGOURL page either. Shouldn't it?
- No we made a decision not to include all the items from TWikiPreferences. But the WIKIHOMEURL deserves a better doc and no one has in reality deprecated it out of any of the plugins that use it so I have softened the wording and removed the deprecated label. KJL
- typo in Upgrade.pl:163: user="TWikiContributor", not "TWikiContibutor"
- TWikiSiteTools does not document action
name = cmd in logging, as in this log entry:
| 30 Jun 2006 - 17:36 || JoergHoehle || cmd || UserListByDateJoined || repRev 2 by JoergHoehle 2006/06/30 15:36:07 minor || IP-Address |
Jörg, thank you for your reports but for future reference please don't do this; please report issues separately, otherwise they become impossible to track. You have a mixture of typos and missing doc above. The typos can reasonable be bundled together but the missing doc will have to be split out anyway.
I will start fixing some of these. Will not add more to this bug item. Just solve the ones that are there.
For consistency with other docs, American English should be used (not British English).
I do not have any opinion about spelling but I have one about backwards compatibility. All the user topics since TWiki 4.0.0 have a field called OrganisationURL
We cannot rename this now without in principle forcing our admins to open and save all user topics to update the form. So we have to live with that one.
So I will leave this one alone. But I can change the table header to US and any other plain text that is UK spelling.
Checking in all the doc updates.
Still missing TWikiSiteTools
does not document action
name = cmd
in logging which I will need to compose a correct text to first
I have studied the last one.
The cmd is logged in two cases.
- The special delRev command which is special and if used the admin will know about it.
- The quite normal repRev condition. It makes no sense to use cmd in the logging. And in fact it is documented under save as extra info in the log. So instead of repairing the doc I will repair the code. There is also the special admin version but since it is the normal save within the timeout that is the normal condition the logging should fit the normal case. The extra tells that repRev was used so we do not loose any information. A code change deserves its own bug item.
I will document the cmd as special admin commands.