Seems to me we have a problem - all the InitFormTests
fail, with differences in the output html. is this because we're using different version of CGI? or different settings or what?
I'll commit the changes, and we cna take a peek later.. -- SD
First let me thank you for diligently looking at the test cases. However, now all these test cases fail on my machine. Obviously the HTML generated on our installations is subtly different...
I updated my CGI to the latest version on CPAN (3.25), but the tests are still failing. I am going to back out your updates.
Obviously it is not a good idea to have test cases that are sensitive to the HTML generated. So sorry...
You have to use $this->assert_html_equals and $this->assert_html_matches to compare HTML. CGI will generate random parameter orders in tags, which prevents string comparison from working.
I looked at these functions. They are surely strange, as in the cases I tried
returns false when comparing a string of HTML to itself. Also, the only test case that uses these functions is
and all these tests fail for me.
(The perl module HTMLDiffer which it uses, is from TWiki:Plugins.TestFixturePlugin
. -- TW
Well, for some reason these functions work now (reasonably well) and I have replaced the use of tree walking by assert_html_matches. -- TW