1. Do a default search for literal "typos in HTML source pages"
in current web. You get exactly two hits.
2. Using the same literal search, checkmark the "all webs" flag
. You get zero hits.
This bug is confirmed on 4.0.2 on twiki.org, and on latest svn here on develop.twiki.org.
I am raising this bug to urgent since:
- it does not make a good impression
- search all webs search is done frequently
- it is important to find content
I think I've found out where this problem is caused. I didn't know where to post a fix, so I'm editing this page.
file, there is a parameter to the %SEARCH which reads:
This didn't look right, so I changed it to read:
and the search works fine.
My guess is that the quotes in the literal search are breaking
the parameter list to the %SEARCH and stopping it outputting anything at all.
Thanks Duncan for the debug help. After some investigation I found three bugs:
- Improper handling of zeroresults parameter.
- Improper handling of search string from URLPARAM. -- tracked separately in Item3383
- The search function has an early return in web loop after first web that has no hits, aborting search too early. -- tracked separately in Item3384
All three bugs are now fixed.