There has been many recent problems with searching and especially formatted searching.
Bugs are fixed and new are introduced in the process.
We need more test cases that exercise all the advanced features.
Especially nested searching and searching in form data with $values
I am actioning. Expect many small check-ins on this item the next days.
Tests will be broken until I am done
Test cases complete.
3 errors are shown which have bugs items already.
Need Peter to review. I believe they are OK. Not yet merged to Patch04x01
The test cases seems fine now. I extended them to also look for $variables in the summary and this was also broken.
It was actually broken after I fixed it myself Item2496
. When I decided to replace $n by white space I did a correct step.
By advice from someone else I changed the code to use the TWiki::expandStandardEscapes and this introduced new problems. It was wrong to use. The summary should not translate $n into a new line. It should avoid expanding it. So my original fix was actually better.
But now I think it is all working and the test cases should be a good tool to ensure that any changes in the formatted search code or the code that renders formfields and summary are are not re-introducing the same old bugs.
Merged this into Patch04x01 so we can run the test cases there from 4.1.1 and on.
Test cases are not interesting in a release note so I put this in clised. But it is all in Patch04x01 branch
Cleaned "WaitingFor" field.
- 10 Aug 2008