produces wrongly formated entries in TWikiUsers
when registering new users.
The format that seems to be the expected and working one is:
The format it's being added when using TWiki 4.1.1 is:
This results in the page being rendered and displayed correctly, but user authentication fails, resulting in poor user experience and extra work load for the Admins.
- 13 Mar 2007
I don't know why user authentication would fail; this file has nothing to do with user authentication. It's purely used for mapping user login names to wiki names. Can you be more specific about what happens? Is it the login name -> wiki name mapping that is failing? i just checked the code that parses the TWikiUsers
file, and it works with tab same as space.
- 13 Mar 2007
Correct. The REMOTES_USER uid doesn't get expanded to the TWikiName
of the user. We have some protected webs, so the user can see everything but those. The difference in syntax lets the TWikiUsers
topic to render
nicely, but it seems that the mapping itself then breaks.
After I changed the leading tab to the 3 spaces the mapping worked. To be honest I didn't dig any deeper, but figured I'd log the bug so it can get attention. It happily breaks new user auth for me at the moment.
- 14 Mar 2007
When you provide feedback please flip the State back to New; this time I happened to notice your change; normally I would ignore an issue sitting in "Waiting for Feedback" state. Thanks.
Will do. Sorry about that. My first bug report and wasn't sure about the status flags.
- 15 Mar 2007
changed the code back to using three spaces -- SvenDowideit
- 22 Mar 2007
If provided with a patch, I can also test this, if you like.
- 26 Mar 2007
Cleaned "WaitingFor" field.
- 10 Aug 2008