This item is separated from Item4204
to split doc work and code work.
When you arrive at Main.TWikiAdminGroup and want to add yourself to the group you need to use the temporary admin login also internally known as sudo login.
If you are using normal ApacheLogin and you send do the sudo login - then you get correctly authenticated using the password from configure - but after you have entered your username and password, you end up at Main.WebHome instead of returning to where you came from. The redirect does not work.
The reason this is a release blocker is that we are dealing with a very newbie user who is trying to follow an already quite complex procedure of becoming an admin.
And when he ends up in a different place than where he had navigated to - he will very likely feel very lost and not know how to get back to Main.TWikiAdminGroup
So we need to get the redirect to work. We already have a working feature for this in Template Login so it should be possible to use same method.
The exact steps to reproduce the issue.
- Remove your Wiki Name from Main.TWikiAdminGroup
- Close the browser
- Make sure that the TWiki is in Apache Login mode in configure
- With new browser opened navigate to Main.TWikiAdminGroup
- Login normally using the login link in the web left bar.
- Now hit the = temporary admin login= link on the Main.TWikiAdminGroup topic
- Login using the login name and password from configure
- Note that you now end in Main.WebHome instead of returning to Main.TWikiAdminGroup
- 02 Jul 2007
A simple matter of putting a web and topic on the login link.