Most topics in the distributed TWiki web now have the TOC above the topic title. It is awkward, but tolerated because these pages are used to create large documentation topics.
Since a while we have a number of TOC formatting variables that can be used to improve layout of these topics, AND maintain the current large topics.
I suggest to set these variables in TWiki.WebPreferences:
* Hide Table of Contents if the topic is included
* Set TOC_HIDE_IF_INCLUDED = on
* Set default Table of Contents title
* Set TOC_TITLE = On this page:
* The first header level to appear in the TOC:
* Set TOC_MIN_DEPTH = 2
And then move the TOC of each topic below the introduction paragraph.
A couple of other topics need to be adjusted. For instance, TWikiDocumentation would need:
* Set TOC_MIN_DEPTH = 1
(or set in the preference pane).
- 04 Sep 2007
New and improved TWikiDocumentation
- 06 Sep 2007