The first part of the configure utility should have more explicit help:
- Links to actual TWiki:TWiki.TWikiInstallationGuide, TWiki:Codev.TWikiOn topics
- Same for authentication and access control
- State that support is available at the TWiki:Support forum and at IRC
- Avoid "right here". More fluid if written as: If your TWiki site is already working, you can start browsing TWiki at Main.WebHome
This small change should be done for Dakar.
%MAINWEB%.WebHome shouldn't be used as it may not be configured properly yet (does configure even expand those kinds of links?) Better to be explicit: ...you can start browsing TWiki at: bin/view
(link won't work from this page is it is not being read from the
hmm, view without extended path leads to %MAINWEB%.WebHome.
- Links can't be made to a system that may not be running yet, and links to TWiki.org will link to the documentation on that site, that may not apply to the version being configured. We can point out TWikiDocumentation.html, but the reality is that it is of limited use to an admin, as most of the documentation on administration has been moved to
configure already, and is available through the interface.
- it already does? tidied it up a bit
- "right here" was inherited verbatim from Cairo. It's bad English, which I will correct. However the point is that the link should be seen as a test. No one should be trying to "flow" from
configure - it's a sysadmin configuration tool.
Argh, I should never let people persuade me to look at the documentation.