Many topics and code have features ro details that are specific to the developers site.
These should be removed before submitting to the SVN or otherwise releassing.
Examples of this include:
- Having the developer name insted of TWikiContributor in the TOPICINFO
- Not having "$Rev" in the TOPICINFO when checking in
- Having the developer's local signature unstead of the TWiki:Main.UserName form
- This is particularly pernicious when the developer has renamed his %MAINEB% to something like "Users" or "People"
- Making use of perl libraries that on the developer's site but not part of the perl distribution and not documenting their requirement in the DEPENDENCIES file
- Further to that, giving inappropriate revision numbers of the target library modules
- Related to the above - not documenting dependency on TWiki components, revisions, patches, plugins or contribs
- Also related - using old versions of perl libraries with features that have changed ro no longer exist.
- Making use of modified API that is site specific
- Having Cairo code that simply does not function under Dakar for any one of a number of reasons
- The above includes illegal use of internal/non-published functions in other modules.
Please this item as "Actioning" since it is a ongoing clean-up item
for items a,b,c, could these be cleaned up by checkin script on the svn server?
Failing that can somebody share their script which they use on their local machine?
SVN 7294 fixes all the outstanding errors in TWiki web
I'd prefer a coded solution. How about:
grep 'META:TOPICINFO' *.txt | grep -v 'author="TWikiContributor".*version="\$Rev'
I added the above check to the documentation of the build process.