• Do not
register here on develop.twiki.org, login with your twiki.org account.
• Use Item7848
for generic doc work
for TWiki-6.1.1. Use Item7851
for doc work on extensions
that are not part of a release. More... Close
• Anything you create or change in standard webs (Main, TWiki, Sandbox etc) will be automatically reverted on every SVN update.
• Does this site look broken?. Use the LitterTray web for test cases.
for more information
CAUTION: this stuff is in an early state with at least the following TODO items:
- externalize TIMESINCE tag into a plugin of its own
done in SVN 7432
- get Pth to accept my patches to the HeadlinesPlugin
- move basic blogging css from NatSkin's BaseStyle.css into a styles.css for the BlogPlugin.
done in SVN 7597.
- add datatime formfields so that postings can be imported and back-dated properly
done in SVN 7602.
- propose TwistyPlugin enhancements to polish threaded comments experience (TWISTYBUTTON in addition to TWISTYHIDE/TWISTYSHOW, open up twisties using urlparams)
done in Item1028.
- externalize DBQUERY tag into a plugin of its own
done in SVN 7638, see Item1048.
- get arround the patch to ExtendedSelectionPlugin
- SVN 7950: changed default groups otherwise someone could just register as MichaelDaum at a site and gain access (similiar changes were made to standard TWikiGroups a while back)
- add more tooltips, like "permalink to blabla" done in SVN 8558
- Rss feeds for (a) postings, (b) comments, (a)+(b) combined like it is now. done in SVN 8792
- Have Rss feeds per posting. done in SVN 8792
- display headlines in WebChanges
- running multiple blog webs without redundant TopicFunctions but allow to have private once that overwrite global once (extend FindElseWherePlugin to find INCLUDES elsewhere???)
- make a nicer WebTopicList that resembles the original one
Outstanding issues and ideas
- Generat a better Rss headline for comments like: Mr. FooBar commented on "My recent flatulence".
- Have mail notifications per posting activated by a checkbox option
- docu docu docu
- ease installation (see Item884)
- add trackback, pingback and technorati connectivity
- Followups or Parts: link blog entries that are a continuation of a longer story
- add hierarchical SubjectCategories by adding an IS-A formfield to link SubjectCategories.
- better support for multiple blogs on the same site: add a page that renders the latest postings in a set of blogs
- Still, installing a new blog is too complicated. Top notch would be an application specific install wizard. Installing a new web right now is done by copying the _BlogPlugin template web and thus producing redudant copies of the TopicFunctions. I'd like to have it done using soft-links optionally that point to the _BlogPlugin implementation. If someone likes to "overwrite" a TopicFunction he can do so by removing the link and replace it with a custom topic of the same name.